Thursday, September 19, 2013

Artist Reference

Jean-Paul Bourdier has an extensive portfolio on his website including his exhibit of 'bodyscapes'. Show below are just a few of my favorites, especially the first and last images.

 
 
 
 
These two are not as indirect, the body stands out more so than the rest, 
but the element of design is incredibly strong.

 
 
 
 In relevance to my project: this is the direction I want to take, but not necessarily the exact representation. As much as I'd love to paint a body in a full-figured landscape, not too many people are open to standing in the middle of the world nude and painted...and I can't say I don't blame them.
 
My idea is more focused on the face. 
That being said, I'm still searching for an artist who has incorporated the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment